Notes: 10 / 5 hours ago
There's No Place Like Louisville: Interesting Louisville Facts
- Host to 2008 Ryder Cup
- Host to Ironman
- Kaelin’s Restaurant claims to be the birthplace of the Cheeseburger – it cost 15 cents on the first menu in 1934
- Home to Humana, YUM!, Brown-Forman, UPS Hub, GE, Ford, Papa Johns, Texas Roadhouse
- Louisville is home to one of the best Extreme Sports…
Notes: 2 / 16 hours ago
Notes: 323 / 17 hours ago
from fuckyeahlouisville (originally from a-wondrousplace)
Notes: 10 / 17 hours ago
I LOVE Cooking at the Cottage. It’s one of my favorite dates we’ve ever had. Located on Lexington Road, basically it’s a store for cookware and a place to take (mostly couples, but you could take one with a friend or sister or mom!) cooking classes. My fiance’s mom got us a gift cert to take a class together, and we learned how to make crab cakes, cream sauce, crepe suzette, herbed butter, risotto…the list goes on. Plus you get wine. Plus you get to eat what you cook. It is the most fun date EVER.
Also…would be a great last minute gift to get your mother for mother’s day. The more you know! Cooking at the Cottage has classes ranging from date night dinner to derby cookie decorating. They are legit.
Notes: 103 / 1 day ago
from louisvillegrub (originally from apsies)
"Louisville, Kentucky, was named the top U.S. destination for 2013, following travel publisher Lonely Planet’s discussions among its group of U.S. editors and authors. While they tend to debate entries into each year’s Top 10 list, everyone agreed on Louisville, said Reid. While many horse lovers descend upon this Southern town the first Saturday in May to witness the Kentucky Derby, also known as the “greatest two minutes in sports,” there’s more to Louisville than one horse race. With its hip bourbon scene (including microdistilleries), fine dining and emerging East Market District, also known as NuLu, Louisville may just be the new Portland, Oregon. Reid said. Consider exploring the city via the Urban Bourbon Trail for a powerful introduction to Kentucky’s famous spirit."
Notes: 11 / 1 day ago
Notes: 105 / 2 days ago
There's No Place Like Louisville: You Know You're From Louisville if...
- Your “International” airport has only one passenger flight that actually leaves the 48 contiguous U.S. states.
- The in-state sports rivalry is paid more attention to than the national championship.
- You live in an area that occasionally gets considerable snowfalls, floods, and tornadoes … but…
Notes: 23 / 2 days ago
from fuckyeahlouisville (originally from historythatmightbe)
Notes: 1 / 3 days ago
Notes: 35 / 3 days ago
from fuckyeahlouisville (originally from the1337beauty)
His holiness the Dalai Lama #dalailama #louisville #kentucky